Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Here we go!

I've always wanted to write a blog, and I decided that this morning is as good a time as any to start.

I chose the title of my blog by using a line from Lewis Carroll's poem "The Walrus and the Carpenter."  Here is a short excerpt from the poem:

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."


In other words, knowing my tendency to ramble on about whatever pops into my head, I know this blog will most likely meander off its main topic of stitching and my passion for samplers and other counted cross stitch and canvas work pieces.   Much like the Walrus in Carroll's Alice in Wonderland, I can sometime be nonsensical and silly.  (Who wants to read a serious, heavy and burdensome blog anyway!?) 

So, here we go.  My blog is created.  I've (finally) decided upon a name that suits my fancy, and I have so many works of counted threadwork in my pile of WIPs (works in progress) that I'm sure I'll have plenty to post about. I hope you'll stop by from time to time to take a look, read a post or two, share your comments and feedback, or simply say hello!   This is me, by the way -- taken some time ago (2007 I believe) during my last year as a high school English teacher. 





Happy Wednesday, everyone.  Brew your coffee or tea, take out your stitching or newspaper, turn on the news, or maybe blast your favorite tunes on your iPod or stereo and start your day.  My coffee pot's calling, so time to get caffeinated myself here and get back to a Christmas ornament I never quite finished in time for Christmas.  At least I'll have it done for next year! LOL!  I'll post a pic later, and share a little bit about myself - hopefully I haven't scared you away yet.  


5 comments:

  1. Well done Kevin! I love the name you've chosen for your blog. I know you'll enjoy having one. I sure do. BTW, you are a handsome devil! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Genie! I love the name for your blog too... can I link it to mine? http://craftypretender.blogspot.com

      Great layout, too! So elegant!

      Delete
  2. Great start, Kevin! Looking forward to reading whatever comes to you mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kevin and welcome to blog land.

    When you have the followers button up and running email me so I can sign up. I adore your blog title.

    I too am looking forward to stitching Elizabeth, she is all kitted up and will be started somtime during the year.

    ReplyDelete